Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Yard

In May, we started the big project of turning our dirt yard into something more enjoyable. Dan has been working hard and thinks its very convenient that I'm pregnant during a major outdoor project since he know how much I love yard work. ;-) I've done some work, it's just not much compared to him and takes me a little longer.

Holes were dug for trees and shrubs and lots of rocks have been delivered, with more to come. We have grass, which the dogs love to roll in but Carleigh is not sure about. She'll walk on the grass as long as she has shoes on but doesn't want her bare feet to touch it, but touching it with her hands is okay.

The first thing Dan did to prepare for the lawn was rototill out 3 inches of our wonderful Nevada soil so we could bring in some topsoil/compost mix. I helped shovel the old dirt out.

We worked late into the night hauling in the topsoil and leveling it out. The next morning when Dan went to get sod, I lined the area with the border rocks.

Then we laid the sod, rolled it, and I got the difficult task of watering it! Looks nice, eh?

Here's a picture of my shrubs I bought and planted.

As we progress more with the yard, I'll post more pictures. Right now, it's nice seeing something other than dirt on the ground! :o)

No comments: