Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 5, 2008

On The Move

On March 28th, we went to the doctor for our 6 month check up and shots. The check up part was fine, the shot part wasn't. She weighed in close to 12 1/2 pounds and is 25 inches tall. She only gained a pound in 3 months but she's starting to fit into some of her 3-6 month outfits; the 0-3 are getting too small! There are brief moments where her size is concerning to me but she has shown that she can hold her own and, more importantly, she's meeting her milestones.

In the last couple weeks, we've watched Carleigh become stronger and more independent! It's great and scarey at the same time. It's hard to believe that's she's 6 1/2 months already. Where has the time gone? (It seems like I say that on every blog!)

Carleigh's in her walker, moving around the house in it much more and it's becoming easier all the time. I've had to start putting up the gate to protect her from going down the step from the kitchen to the dining room. The other day, I heard her hit the gate, when I turn around, she had backed up and hit it again!! I was watching my child ram the gate because it was in her way. It was great, and scarey at the same time! (I'm repeating myself, aren't I?) Here's a little video of her chasing the Merry dog.



Carleigh has started sleeping on her tummy during her naps and at night. It was scarey when I first saw her do it, but I'm getting a little more comfortable with it as time passes. We've started the teething phase and I pray that it goes quickly! Poor little thing, and there's not much I can do for her. When she's in her good moods, which out number her bad, she's started making new faces. Here's a couple pictures to enjoy. Hopefully next time I post, we'll have a tooth to show off!!



No comments: