Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 12, 2007

What a Week!

What an eventful week we've had. First off, Carleigh turns 2 months old on 11/13. Time is flying by and she's starting to outgrow some of her newborn clothes! At the last moms group meeting, she weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces. What's funny is that there was a 10 day old baby girl at this meeting who weighed more than Carleigh! Dan says I should be thankful that she was smaller when she was born and she will eventually catch up. Or she'll just be a small Small! Our Little Bundles class was canceled this week due to construction so we're going next week for play time. Again, I'll let you know how that goes.
This last week we mostly finished her room! It's all painted and most of the furniture is in. All that needs to be done is put the bookcase in, put everything away and hang up all the stuff on the walls. Dan & I got a new dresser so the two that were in our room went into hers and it looks great!

Today we had our first real bath! I'd been too scared to give her anything besides a sponge bath but we managed. I filled the water up too high so she kept floating and I'm not sure if I got the water warm enough but at least it wasn't too hot (the little rubber ducky said so!). I think she was a little freaked out during the bath (her eyes were super big) but she didn't cry, which I'm taking as a good thing.
She's also started smiling! It's not the "I have gas" smile either; it is in response to things people say! It's pretty cool to talk to her & try to get her to smile. She's also discovered she can suck on her hands but they don't comfort her as much as the pacifier does, or the bottle when she's hungry.
Here's some pictures of our week.

Watching the mobile go round n' round!




All Clean!

No comments: